The Hidden Dangers of Plastic Tableware for Babies
As a loving parent or a soon-to-be mum, you want the best for your child. That includes ensuring they have safe tableware when they start eating solid foods. While plastic tableware may seem convenient, it's not the best option for your child. In this blog post, we'll explore why plastic tableware is unsafe for babies and why silicone bowls baby sets are the superior choice for children.
The Toxic Side of Plastic Bowls
Plastics contain a variety of chemicals that can leach into food, especially when heated. Among these chemicals are bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates, which have been linked to numerous health issues. BPA, for example, is an endocrine disruptor that can interfere with hormone function and has been associated with developmental problems, behavioural issues, and even obesity. Phthalates are also endocrine disruptors and have been linked to reproductive problems.
Why Silicone is a Safer Choice for Bowls Baby Sets
Silicone is a synthetic material made from silicon (derived from silica found in sand), oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen. It has numerous advantages over plastic when it comes to baby tableware, including:
- Non-toxic: Unlike plastics, silicone is free of BPA, phthalates, and other harmful chemicals.
- Heat resistant: Silicone bowls can withstand high temperatures, so you can safely heat your baby's food without worrying about chemicals leaching into it. Plastic, on the other hand, may release harmful chemicals when exposed to high temperatures, so it is not recommended to use plastic to heat your baby's food.
- Freezer safe: Silicone can also be used in the freezer, making it perfect for storing and serving baby food.
- Unbreakable: Silicone is a highly durable material, so there's no need to worry about broken bowls or shattered plates.
Silicone: A Sustainable Option
In addition to its safety benefits, silicone is also an eco-friendly choice. It's highly durable and long-lasting, which means you won't need to replace your child's tableware. Moreover, silicone can last for years, and it can be recycled, reducing its impact on the environment.
Brightberry Bowl Set: The Ultimate Bowls Baby Choice
When it comes to choosing a silicone bowls baby set, Brightberry is the clear winner. Here's why:
- Safe and non-toxic: Brightberry's bowls are made from 100% food-grade silicone that is independently tested, ensuring your baby's safety.
- Thoughtful design: he bowls feature an ergonomic design that enables easy scooping, making it simpler for your little one to enjoy their meals independently and practice the skills of self feeding. Brightberry bowls are also large in size, making them a perfect choice for your fast growing child, so you'll be able to use them for years, not just months.
- Strong Suction Base: The powerful suction base ensures that the bowl stays put on the table or high chair tray, preventing spills and messes during mealtime and making it a stress-free experience for children and parents.
- Dual-Purpose Spoons: Brightberry's silicone spoons not only serve as feeding utensils but also double as teethers, providing added value for your investment and comfort for your child. Brightberry spoons are ergonomically designed, helping your child develop their fine motor skills.
- Cost-Effective: Brightberry is a fantastic choice for a long-lasting and easy-to-clean bowl, and spoons offer excellent value for money, ensuring you get the most out of your purchase.
- Easy to clean: Brightberry bowls are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.
- Attractive and functional: Brightberry bowls come in a variety of colours, so you can find the perfect set to match your baby's personality and your home decor.
In conclusion, plastic tableware poses significant risks to your baby's health, making silicone bowls baby sets the safer and more sustainable alternative. Brightberry's silicone bowl set is the ultimate choice for mums who want to protect their little ones and make mealtimes a fun, stress-free experience. Say goodbye to plastic and hello to a healthier, happier feeding journey with Brightberry.